Trane XL16 Air Conditioner
Installed by our Trane Comfort Specialists
Enhanced cooling meets energy efficiency
Whether it’s hot or mild, the Trane XL16i offers flexible family comfort. With two-stage cooling, your home will beat the heat, even in rooms that have proven to be hard to cool in the past.
The XL16i’s SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating of up to 18.5 makes it an energy efficient choice for home comfort.
ComfortLink II Communicating Capability (select models)
ComfortLink II communicating technology (available when select models are matched with communicating outdoor units) connects all of your key components so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance and efficiency through the lifetime of your products. When the optional Telephone Access Module (TAM) is added, you can conveniently adjust settings and receive system updates wherever you are by phone.
Increased efficiency may substantially lower your home cooling costs.
Two stages of cooling (and heating, if applicable) meet any outdoor climate conditions and prevent interior temperature swings.
Materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and reliability.
Every Trane air conditioner is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The XL16i includes:
- ComfortLink II Communicating Capability (select models)
- Climatuff® Staged Scroll Compressor
- Full-Side Louvered Panels
- WeatherGuard II™ Top
- Baked-On Powder Paint
- Corrosion-resistant Weatherguard™ fasteners
- Spine Fin™ Outdoor Coil
- Unique DuraTuff™ non-corrosive basepan
- Unique Mounting of Shaft Down Fan Motor
- Variable-speed fan motor
- Quick-Sess cabinet with full coil protection
- Low sound with advanced fan system and Sound Insulators on Compressors (available on select models)
- R410A Refrigerant
Beginning May 1 2009, Registered Limited Warranty terms are available if the product is registered within 60 days of installation. Registration can be completed either online at Trane.com or by calling 800-554-6413. Trane’s Registered Limited Warranty terms include:
- 12 Year limited warranty on compressor
- 10 Year limited warranty on outdoor coil
- 10 Year limited warranty on internal functional parts
- The ten year Functional Parts Limited Warranty extends to the indoor gas furnace, coil, air handler and thermostat when installed as part of a complete XLi comfort system. An XLi comfort system includes an AHRI certified matching Trane outdoor XLi unit, indoor unit and thermostat installed at the same time.
- If the product is not registered within 60 days of installation Trane’s Base Limited Warranty terms will apply.
- Optional Extended Warranties available. Extended Warranties can pay for labor and other costs not covered by manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Ask your dealer for full warranty information at time of purchase.
Warranties are for residential use only, some exclusions may apply.